Starcom Media Vest /
Starcomm World Wide
Starcom Mediavest Group is among the largest media networks in the world and a part of France’s Publicis Groupe. Seeking a complete overhaul with their branding and website, SMG contacted us with a determined goal: Redesign SMVGroup.com to reflect the purpose and personality of the Starcom Mediavest Group. To do this we had to first define the key strategic aspects, understand the long term vision of the website and its evolution.
View starcomww.com »
Client: Starcom MediaVest
Agency: Leo Burnett / Arc Worldwide
Role: UX Designer
Series of questions we asked the stakeholder team during research and discovery
- What are your corporate core values and how do you express them to your visitors?
- What makes you different from your competitors?
- Why should people do business with you rather than your competitors?
- Do you have the content for the website or will content creation be a part of the scope of work?
- How many pages of content will need to be developed?
- Will video or audio be a part of the new website? If so, how many?
- Do you have any other media or PDF documents that need to be incorporated, or will any need to be created?
- What do you like most about your current website?
- Is there any functionality or options on your current website that you plan to keep (other than the content)?
- What are your top 3 frustrations with your current website?
- What do your current competitors’ websites have that you wish to have?
- What types of things do you see on other websites that you really like?
- What types of things do you see on other websites that you really hate?
- Name the 3 things that are least important in the design of your new website.
- Will different sections of your site require different designs, layouts or coloring?
- What types of actions do you want your visitors to take on your website?
- What information must be on the home page?
- What information must always be visible?
- What features, sections or information do you want emphasized on the site?
- Does your new site need web forms (contact us, etc)?
- Do you require printer friendly options?
- Do you want a fixed-width or fluid-width design?
- Do you need an internal site search feature?
- Do you want contact phone numbers prominently displayed?
- Do you have any other specifications or need specific functionality that has not been addressed?
- Will you be looking for keyword optimization beyond the design/development scope?
“Least amount of words on page”
“Likes the Starcomm Sweden site”
“Website needs: Statement of philosphy, brands, case studies, bios, connection to blog, offices”
“Awards and frequent updates should be on social media”
“Maintenance is difficult”
“Social feeds are: LinkedIn, twitter, Facebook and Instagram”
Comparative Site Page Analysis